testtags.php upload failure, what's wrong ?

I’m looking for help because I’m unable to upload the “testtags.php” file, required to run the Ken’s Php+Ajax script.

I setup the Control Panel > Web Files/Web page setup as follow:

When I press “Test” button, I see that c:\Program Files\wdsiplay\webfiles\testtags.php is updated but not uploaded on remote server where my site is hosted.

I believe the upload setup is handled in “Customize Internet and File Creation Setup” file #29 called “spacial custom file conversion”

Here the upload setting:

Currently set at 5min upload

No idea what’s wrong :oops:… Any help appreciated, thanking in advance :smiley:

Mario

Hi Mario

My testtags.php is uploaden without any problems.

See attached pics for my settings.

Best regards,

Henrik

Upload of testtags.php

Thanks for your help attempt, I set the same settings as your but nothing to do, no testtags.php upload. My WD is probably messed up, I’m now looking how to save 1 year of recorded weather data, then delete everything and restart from scratch.

The panel you guys are showing has multipurposes that may not be obvious…

The times panel will change depending on which button you push.

When you push the Show File Creation Times Times button, it will show you creation times you have set.

When you push the Show File Upload Times button, it will show you the upload times you have set.

There is also an Upload this file now… which should upload the file right then when you push it.

Thanks again for help attempt, everything checked twice but nothing to do, I’m now experiencing some more problem…
I just sent my WD .ini e reg files to the author so he can see what’s wrong.

I’m looking forward for his reply.

Greetings to all of you :smiley:

Mario

I just sent my WD .ini e reg files to the author so he can see what's wrong.
first I know about that I have not received anything

MD5,

I attached a copy of you testtag setup. What I did is named the file wxlocal35.html and then went to the advanced internet settings and went to wxlocal35 (#26). First setup you file creation times click save now and then go and setup your file upload time then click save now and in the remote file name put testtags.php and save it. It works fine for me that way. If you have any other question feel free to email me or send me a pm.

Chuck

Once more, thanks all for your help, really appreciated!

Yesterday I made near the same as andro700 suggest, I renamed testtags.txt to wxlocal40.html and then configured file #26 as follow:

The file is updated and uploaded but the name on remote server is wx40.html instead the selected testtags.php :?
I checked the above screen several time pressing the small save button near “remote file name” field followed by “save now”.

But nothing to do, file on remote server is always wx40.html :frowning:

@ windy, I just resend the email already sent yesterday.

MDS on my Web files Web page Setup on the custom web page set up where you have the testtags.txt and testtags.php I left that blank and mine works just fine. I am running 10.37g bld 14.

Chuck

Just cleared the fields as you suggest, turned off the switch, then restarted WD. No change :frowning:

What switch did you turn off? Sure is funny that it is not working. I have never had an issue with this once I got setup with the help of Ken.

Chuck

It’s the ON/OFF switch in “custom web page setup”
I’m sure there are some wrong setting somwhere, but it’s hard to spot where is it…

Here what my ftp log say:

Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to do....
***Time/date***:05:39:02 19-Nov-07
Logging onto FTP server....ftp.powweb.com
Connecting to FTP server.
Connected.
220 Powweb FTP Server ready
USER=****
331 Password required for plmeteo.
PASSWORD=****
230 User plmeteo logged in.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I
CWD /htdocs
250 CWD command successful
Checking for next FTP agenda....
there are 1 more things to do
Doing ftp upload
Checking there are files to upload
There are more files to upload
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (65,254,250,101,180,77)
STOR wx40.html
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for wx40.html
226 Transfer complete.
No more files to upload
All Agenda complete, doing FTP log off....
FTP logoff
QUIT
221 Goodbye.
Disconnected.
Doing abort procedure/program close...

Here is my ftp. I am trying to go through my stuff and see if I can see anything that might cause that.

I believe the upload setup is handled in "Customize Internet and File Creation Setup" file #29 called "spacial custom file conversion"

I do not use that at all MD5. I use the method described earlier.

Chuck

ftplogfull.txt (2.53 KB)

i see you are using the special file conversion, in the web files/web page setup, custom web page setup
but you dont have the main switch on there…turn that on
the next problem is, you have the customise internet and file creation override switch on (see under control panel), but you do not have any times set to create or upload any files there
so turn that switch off

@andro700
I also removed/disabled the “Customize Internet and File Creation Setup” file #29 called “spacial custom file conversion”

Reading your ftp log, there is one difference

your log say: STOR testtags.php
my log say: STOR wx40.html

My WD miss to rename the file, not only wx40.html > testtags.php but I discovered that other files where I set a different remote name are not renamed.
I start to believe that somewhere there are an option like “do not rename files” or something similar…

@windy:

I cleared the custom web page setup.
I then setup wxlocal40.html to be uploaded every 5min as testtags.php. The transfer went fine but the remote filename is wx40.html instead testtags.php. It seem that my WD don’t recognize the custom filename I set in “remote file name” field

What version of WD are you running MD5? What is the version of your ftpupd.exe? This is strange.

Chuck

I’m running WD version 10.37f build13. Where to see the FTP version in use ?

When you see it in your system tray and click on it and a window will appear. My version is 8.75.

Chuck

My version is 8.72