Server problems

You may have noticed a server outage this morning. The disk in the weather-watch.com server is starting to go bad and the server stopped responding as a result :frowning:

I’m making sure that I have a complete good backup (I already have all the important files backed up) and then the disk will be replaced. The rebuild process for the server (operating, database and scripts) will probably take some time, but I’ll get it back up and running as quickly. It’s likely that some parts will return sooner than others. I’ll try to make the forum a priority so that I can keep you all informed. However, the rebuild may require a number of reboots along the way, so don’t be surprised if it suddenly disappears again.

As you can see, I’m making progress. I’ve got enough back up and running for the forum to be operational. It’s now 23:45 and I have to be up at 06:15, so I’m calling it a night for now. Things still to do…

1. MML - management and data provision is broken
  2. Redirection is broken
  3. Wiki/bug tracker/phot gallery may be broken (not checked yet)
  4. Mail not configured (so no notifications from the forum and no mail to me)
  5. Probably loads more

I’ll start ploughing through the rest tomorrow. Apologies for the outage. At least the hard disk failed when I was at home!