Removal of text from WDL

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, is there anything that you can do to take off from the WDL “No Data Since”

Thanks

If you don’t want to remove your station details completely which would have this effect (which you could do with the Premium version) then the easiest way would be to set the tag

to a very high value.

Julian

Well as you can see on my WDL i have the name of the station, then sometimes it comes no data since… and i woould like to take it off, with that tag will i be able to just take off “no data since”?

Thanks

Setting the noDataCount value to a large number just makes it take much longer for the ‘No data since’ messageto appear. There is no way to remove the text completely, just delay it’s appearance. However, if you set the value high enough you can probably delay it’s appearance long beyond our lifetimes (although this will depend on the size of the variable containing the tag value).

Thanks!

how high is high? you gave an example of 5… is that good enough or too low?

Thanks

It depends on how often you have WDL set to check for updates and the maximum period you expect not to be uploading data for, but I’d guess that 65536 is probably big enough for most people.

oh i see, so if i do that no data will be uploaded to my WDL? i thought just the wording “no data since” will dissapear

No. What happens is the figure you put in this tag -

is the number of times WDL will attempt to get data unsuccessfully in a row before it displays the ‘no data since’ text. It doesn’t affect the uploads or the number of times or frequency that WDL tries to get new data. Therefore if you have your refresh set to 10 and your noDataCount set to 6, WDL would have to be unsuccessful in getting new data for a whole minute before displaying ‘no data since’. Hope that helps.

Julian