Loosing data on new account :S

hey guys,

listen i think i have a problem… i had set up all my configurations and had my WDL working fine, i have now changed the username and started logging on with a different one… do you by any chance loose all your data/config/uploading settings? is there a way how to back up the configurations and get the WDL working on the new account??

What OS are you using…Can you log in with your old account name/password and still see WD…permissions?

hey, yes i can do so… and its win xp… the account still exists and i can access it, its justthat now i have to use this account and i seem to have lost all the configs…

guys any help?

Are you viewing WDL on a webserver, or locally on the PC or LAN?

its not uploading the data on the internet, however the data is showing on the WDL software…

I don’t understand your problem. As Niko said -

Are you viewing WDL on a webserver, or locally on the PC or LAN?
Is your problem that WD is not uploading data to your website?
Are you talking about logging on to your PC or FTP connection to your website?
Are you talking about WD configuration or WDL configuration (which sits on your webserver)?

If you want us to help you need to be clearer.

Julian

so let me start over… i have a pc where i have the WD set up with configurations etc… i upload the data via ftp for the WDL site… now everything was setup on a specific user (administrator ~ this computer) now i had to change to - Administrator on a domain. now since i changed the account, it seems that i have lost all the configuration ftp setttings… anything i can do to copy all the configs from the old account and restore them on the domain account?

Hmmm your new domain profile doesn’t seem to have the settings for your WD configuration. This seems strange as the profile is located under c:\documents and settings\username and your WD install should be c:\wdisplay or c:\program files\wdisplay.
Do you have administrative privileges on the domain?
Maybe try double clicking on the registry file that WD creates as a backup to put the settings back in.
Otherwise you could try the files and settings transfer wizard under the system tools folder in the start menu. You will need to log in locally not on the domain and run the wizard, then log on to the domain account and run the wizard to restore settings. You will need administrative privileges to do this.

what you need to do is under the old user account, in wd, go action, back up registry entry now
then
then make a copy of that wdisplayftp.reg settings file
then under the new user account, do the same thing
then the new wdisplayftp.reg settiings file, compare to the old one…you will find the path name is different all the way through
you will need to set the old one to the same format for that,then save the old one.,…then double click that save file to load the settings into the registry