Could you sign our school's weather site Guestmap?!!!

Hi, We have a school weather site, and we have recently signed up for a guest map (if you haven’t seen one before - you’ll get the idea soon enough!!). The children at the school (aged from 7-11) would love to get messages from around the world! If you could, would you please sign our guest map, and if you have a weather website of your own, put a link to it so that the children can compare the weather from around the world. Thanks

The school website is http://www.angleseyweather.co.uk/ and there is a link on the top for guest map. I hope to surprise them on Monday with an incredible response!!! Hope you can help. Thanks!!

Signed, linked and message left :slight_smile:

Good Luck,
Bob

What a great way for the kids to learn about the web, the world, and the weather!

Regards,

Jack

Signed Guest Map and linked as well. Great Job!

Chuck

There you go, the first one in the southern hemisphere for you. :slight_smile:

Cool,

I added a link to my (WD generated) weather page, reporting from Phoenix, Arizona.
I think it is going to get crowded in there.
Enjoy.

Steve

Signed on to your Guest Map.

Great idea for your students to study weather around the world. Hope that this mid Pacific Ocean station won’t be too boring. Weather here is pretty much the same throughtout the year.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Done, although my location is not exactly exotic :roll:

Stuart

Wonderful site.
You are only a few 100 miles away, but have a totally different environment.

Thank you all. I can’t tell you how excited the children will be on Monday. We have been stuck on 2 guests for ages. This will be so much fun!!!

Do you know of many other schools with weather web sites? Also is there an index of school weather web sites? If not, would it be useful to set up an index for them, or perhaps a forum board to allow educational weather ideas/suggestions to be discussed. It would be good to get more children interested in the weather, so I’ll help out if I can.

North East Scotland is getting crowded.

Chris

added and nice to say i,m the first from New Zealand… :wink:

Adde Berkshire, UK to the map, well done on a good site. I’m all for getting children interested in weather, we gave our 7yr old son a “weather station kit” for Christmas, not sure how the anemometer made from polystyrene cups will stand up to the weather though :?

Cheers,
Ian

Done! Nice idea too. :smiley:

I have been wondering this myself. I know that we have inspired another school in Llandudno, North Wales to set up the same system. I am sure that there are other schools. I am getting emails from quite a few just inquiring also. A forum would be great. I would love to exchange some information. Thank you very much.

Put myself on your map - a great idea and good learning tool.

Added in Central Wisconsin too. Great site and a great idea for the kids. - Jim

Who is going to be more excited, you or the children? :slight_smile: It’s always great to see a teacher being enthusiastic and encouraging his students. Thank you!

–Dave

Signed and sealed…

Craig