Holiday cheer - Goodwill to all sentient lifeforms

A holiday season is upon us (I won’t say ‘the holiday season’ because some people might celebrate alternative holidays) and it’s traditional at this time of the year for there to be goodwill between all sentient lifeforms…and yes that even includes Weather-Watchers :wink:

I’ve noticed a slight raising of the niggle level in the forum over the last few weeks, so perhaps we can practice some goodwill over the holidays. That will mean when the holidays are over we’ll all be experts at goodwill and we’ll all feel a lot happier with the world. Lets start 2007 with a resolution to be nice to each other. The forum is generally a friendly place, so let’s not let it slide downhill.

As a couple of pointers…

1. If you’re reporting a problem, issue or concern, please try to phrase your points in a positive and constructive way, providing any relevant info you can think of to help people to try to solve your problem/answer your question. I know this is difficult when you’ve been up 168 straight hours trying to solve a problem, but at least we (including me) can try to do this.

2. If you read a message that seems to be worded negatively or destructively or doesn’t provide the info you think you need, respond positively to the person seeking help. If they’ve been trying to solve a problem for themselves for 168 straight hours (or even longer), they might not be thinking straight, and might even be pretty angry with the way the world is treating them. They might just not have worded the request/message in the best possible way or you might even have misunderstood the message/feelings being expressed. Take a deep breath, count to 10 (exhaling if your lungs feel under pressure :wink:) and only then send a considerate response.

Finally…a very Merry Christmas and an even Happier New Year to all forum users, your families and any other sentient lifeforms that you know. The forum won’t be closing for the holidays, so hopefully you can take a few minutes out of your busy schedules to call by and tell us what Santa left under the tree for you this year.