Rain delay?

Can someone explain to me how come its been raining for the past 20 mins, and just now 20 mins after its showing me on the WDL that its raining?? Is there something i can do to make it more sensitive?

well now the rain stopped like 40 mins ago, and its still showing the rain icon… (Strange…)

The software doesn’t know it’s raining until the rain gauge registers some amount. A leaf wetness sensor would be one way to get instant notification of rain.

ok, so it will take some time to register rain, can you explain why it takes like 30 - 50 mins after it stops raining to stop showing it on WDL?

there are settings in WD control panel > summary image/icons > thresholds to set tab
where you can change the amount of time WD checks back for rain - yours are probably at the default values of 30 minutes?

For people with less sensitive rain guages (like OS WMR928N which only registers in 1mm) then they tend to set the values higher so that they don’t get a “stopped raining” or “dry” condition when it is still raining - 1mm is quite a lot of rain and can take some time to register in light rain. So as you have a Davis VP then you could reduce the values a bit as the rain bucket does not take quite so much rain to tip.

Here’s a screen grab of the setup page where you can modify the settings.

Hey, mine is set up at every 10 mins to check back for rain to set icon,
5 minutes to check bck for recent rain
60 minutes to check back for its stopped raining

I also just noticed that its not raining and its marking that its a moderate drizzle #-o

The example was set at 15, 5, 20.

Those are good values, can i set them up as 15 5 & 20 ?

Sure, give it a shot and see if your conditiions react more the way you expect.

Thanks