"Rain has stopped" not behaving

Brian

I have my “Rain has stopped” set to 4 hours. After 5 hours of no precip it still says stopped raining.
I changed the time to the minimum (1 minute), and after 15 minutes it still does not change from “Stopped raining” (??) :cry:

Rebooting WD does not help… still shows “Stoppped raining”.

Ver9.62e

Keith

I thought this value was the amount of time to check back for the “It’s stopped raining”. In other words. If its raining and it is set to 1 minute it would check every 1 minute to see if its stopped raining.

Maybe I’m not sure how this is used.

My understanding is that once precip has stopped, Wd will display “Rain has stopped” for whatever amount of time you have set it for (provided no more rain)… and then revert to “Dry” unless more precip is present.

Is this correct Brian?

Keith

It’s gone hairwire. I have had no rain (actually snow melt) in five hours and have check back set at 60 minutes and stopped raining set at 1 minute.
I am showing rain in the last hour (not snow melt either) and it is still saying “it’s stopped raining”. Both have gone hairwire.
Jim
PS I suppose it could say stopped raining until it rains again and be gramatically correct. Uhh?

I had set rain stopped for three hours, but 4 1/2 hours later it still says Rain Stopped.

It's gone hairwire. I have had no rain (actually snow melt) in five hours and have check back set at 60 minutes and stopped raining set at 1 minute. I am showing rain in the last hour (not snow melt either) and it is still saying "it's stopped raining". Both have gone hairwire. Jim PS I suppose it could say stopped raining until it rains again and be gramatically correct. Uhh?
I was able to turn off "Rain has stopped" by reloading a previous backup of my computer (3-3-03). I then reloaded WD 9.62e. No rain, no problem. You are right, "It's gone haywire." I tried every configuration if the summary image I could think of to turn off "Rain has stopped". No luck. But it is good now, if it does not rain. :?

Mine is saying rain has stopped but the station is showing it raining as in the inches per hour is above zero. The metar also shows light rain. As much rain as we have had today i wish it would say 'Stop Raining Already!!"
Where is it getting the “rain has stopped” info from??

Also…

New (old) PC for WD today.
Virgin XP-PRO install done.
WD transfered from original PC to backup directory on home server.
WD transfered back from server to new(old) WD PC, no problems.
All done in less than an hour(phew!)
WD not uploading webcam image, WD webcam page, everything looks OK.
Windspike gone today(new, old PC???)
Added radar image to webpage(how to center guys???)
Enough for one day!!!

:slight_smile:

Not to be non-appreciative, but until this stuff is all ironed out how about an option to simply use the metar only.

Brian

All these problems are not a good thing… please help!!

Keith

Same here, I have snow melt and have it set, says rain has stopped. Finally we find the truth, the program thinks for itself … IT’S ALIVE !!!

Brian

I have my “Rain has stopped” set to 4 hours. After 5 hours of no precip it still says stopped raining.
I changed the time to the minimum (1 minute), and after 15 minutes it still does not change from “Stopped raining” (??) :cry:

Ver9.62e

Keith

From Icon on Main Screen gone!! Thread

(ver 9.63)....Seems to be doing the same here (blank main screen icon). But only if I have "Your Station's Rain/Wind/Fog overides the metar ticked "on". The icon for the metar appears to be working OK. I set the "stopped raining" for 720 min. and that solved that problem for now.
I have set mine to 720 min. However, since it has "Stopped raining" here I will have to wait and see. :? Of course I could make it rain. WD v9.63
Brian

Ver9.62e

Keith

From Icon on Main Screen gone!! Thread

(ver 9.63)....Seems to be doing the same here (blank main screen icon). But only if I have "Your Station's Rain/Wind/Fog overides the metar ticked "on". The icon for the metar appears to be working OK. I set the "stopped raining" for 720 min. and that solved that problem for now.
I have set mine to 720 min. However, since it has "Stopped raining" here I will have to wait and see. :? Of course I could make it rain. WD v9.63
Are we having the same problem? I'm refering to the "it's stopped raining" showing on the summary (even when it [u]is[/u] raining), and not shutting off. By setting it to 720 minutes, I'm hoping it won't come on at all, till Brian gets it fixed. Of course, I could just as easily do a version roll-back, but that kind of takes the adventure out of it! :lol: Let me know how it works CaptDilli so we can compare. I hav'nt had "it's stopped raining" show in the last 24 hrs....However, I'm not sure what's going to happen when it actually [u]does[/u] stop raining after 720 minutes! (It's been raining off and on here for the last 48 hrs.) THX!

i need 1 person to email me there latest.inf file, from the folder datafiles, and all there settings (wdisplay.ini fromc:\windows or c:\winnt, and wdisplayftp.ini from the registry), and metar file, when they are having quirky “its alive” issues

Mine reset it self at midnight back to dry. More snow and sleet, won’t be for a while before I get any data here.

Mine too reset after midnight. This feature worked fine before we could adjust the amount of time it was showing.
In the section set names for rain thresholds you have to anticipate what type of weather you are going to have. If you are having snow you have to type snow stopped or you will whatever is typed in that threshold box. After snow melt same thing, it will say whatever is in that box.