Solar graphing problems with LabJack

Hi Brian,
The main graph has developed some problems with the solar graphing with later versions of 10.35m (7/21/06) and continuing with 10.35n. The output from the LabJack saved in 72006vantagelog.txt looks to be normal, but the graph looks to be out of range. Using convert log file to graph produces a normal looking graph. Going back to version 10.35m dated 23:07 7/19/06 produces normal looking graph. :wink:

For several weeks now, after sunset the graph and the solar% will show non-zero values. The solar% will hang at 5% to 10%. The graph will have a W/m2 of 50 to 120, both on the graph and the readout. In the solar setup all values will be showing zero. Re-starting WDisplay will cause all displayed value to go to zero. These problems are most likely isolated to the LabJack solar input.

so if you leave it running, then it will plot an offscale value (blocked in)?
or is it just a problem around sunset/rise?
does restarting wd get it plotting again (during the day)ok?
i must have upset something with the labjack solar input…drat…
i will investigate and compare with some back up code

best thing, if you could email me your settings files :wink:

Hmm mine is still working fine after an m version update yesterday morning…

Today the solar graph is an out of range block. But the readout is OK until you move the cursor over the graph.
Will e-mail files

Just to closeout this thread…
My LabJack solar sensor is once again working. :smiley:
The out of range problem was correcting by ticking
“Store the solar reading as extra temperature #4 for graphing solar/THSW on main screen”.
To correct the W/m2 readings after sunset, Brain has modified the LabJack solar graphing in version 10.35n so that the W/m2 value is forced to zero at night.