Mebus TE923 / Honeywell TE923W / Irox USB pro

I can`t find my Mebus TE923 on the List. It is made by Hideki Electronis Ltd and also sold as Honeywell TE923 W. What Station settings are the correct selection for this usb Weatherstation?

Hi
is that the new one just out on the market?
Do you know any information about the data protocol?
does it show up as a USB to serial device in device manager (i.e does it need drivers to be loaded up?)
or is true USB data connection

Hi Windy,

i bought it new. Before i owned a ws2300, but this new one looks better. The windspeeds are correct now.That was the main reason to switch to another station.
The manual says nothing about the data protocol. I didnt need any driver for the station. It came with an own software called WeatherView and you can download the software and manual at http://www.mebus-electronic.com/ By the way you dont need 14 AAs it came with a dc powersupplie for the mainstation. You need for the sensors 8 AAs.

does the software produce a log file that WD could read in?

The logfile is called records.txt it looks like this:

Year Weekday Month Date Hour Minute InTemp (degC) InRH (%) CH1Temp (degC) CH1RH (%) CH2Temp (degC) CH2RH (%) CH3Temp (degC) CH3RH (%) CH4Temp (degC) CH4RH (%) CH5Temp (degC) CH5RH (%) UV (UVI) Baro (hpa) Weather Wchill (degC) Wgust (MPH) Wspeed (MPH) W_Dir RainCount
2006 1 4 10 18 59 21.5 38 8.8 59 999.0 999.0 999.0 999.0 999.0 999.0 999.0 999.0 999 1019.8 Little Cloudy 5.8 14.4 8.6 173 0

I don`t know how to open this file in wd

so its text based?
looks promising :slight_smile:
can you email it to me?
and then i will get wd to be able to read that in :slight_smile:

Sixpak. I highlited this product in another thread today, as a new product on the market.

Can you give us a few specs on it?

how often does it read the wind speed, how often to update readings etc. Where are you and where did you get it from, also whats your first impressions?

regards
Woody

Woody,

It looks like he is located in Germany…

[email protected]

–Tim

Hi,
before the mebus/honeywell i owned a ws2300 station.
The Mebus looks better than the LaCrosse WS2300. The Windsensor is much better :wink:
The sensors works fine, even the UV Sensor. The Main Unit stores 200 records and is linked via usb to the pc. Memorysaving interval is 1 hr without a pc. The intervals for the senors are:
tHERMO-hYGRO 47 sec
Rain 183 sec
Wind 33 sec
UV 300 sec
Inddor 10 sec

And yes it is true i am from Germany on a small island called Juist in the northsea. The island is about 500 meters wide and 17 km long.

i have added support for this station now,via the software that comes with it (you need to select that output file records.txt, after first ticking to use this station type (in the 2310 station type tab))
in a new 10.34L zip, download in a few hours from now :wink:

I just download the new file, but where is the stationtyp hide? Where is the tab for the input file?

in the la crosse setup, right down the bottom of that setup screen…

http://www.tokaanuskihire.co.nz/WeatherD.zip
that zip version is not doing the data jumps anymore :wink: #-o
( i hope, i will leave running, as I have to head out now)
update, yup, thats fixed that issue :smiley:

It is like a wonder, the jumps are gone.
Thanks for that great work. One little think (i hope so) is not perfect working, but i hope you will fix it also.
Again thanks a lot for the fast help.
Roger from the otherside of the world

hi
yup, got your email about the wind direction and how its 1- 16
i have fixed that now…and am uploading a new 10.34m version…
download that in a few hours from now :slight_smile:

also, how much does the rain gauge measure by?
i have it at the moment being 1mm tips

A great Thank you to Brian !!!
I was very pleased and had great fun when i started the new 10.34m!!!
The major Bugs for the Honeywell TE923W / Mebus TE923 in Germany like the bumping Graph and the funny Wind direction where gone with the wind ;.))
I asked also other Software Companies ( Amb… etc.) if they could support the Honeywell / Mebus Station, but they didn`t do that. Only Weather Display did it! And you did it in a very fast time!!! For this nightrobbing work again a big T H A N K Y O U !!
I also posted that in our german forum. I hope many other Honeywell & Mebus Station User will use Weather Display.
I will stay in touch with you for some minor changes.

regards
Roger

Hi
thanks for the thanks !
I will get a revision up now for the rain to increase by 0.7mm per tip instead of 1mm

Hi all,
i have the Mebus TE923 too, but still having Problems with the rain display.
I selected the TE and put in the path to the record.txt. But nothing happens.
All counters are 0 (Zero). Temperature, Windspeed, Direction etc. are OK.
The weathercapture 1.2 and the program that comes with the Mebus shown
the correct rainfall.
What can i do that weatherdiplay takes the rainfall from the record.txt ?

Regards Lutz from Germany

you have to set the starting values for rain totals to date in WD initialy, in the barometer offset/initial rainfall setup
then WD will use the rain found and add to those starting values
(but there is still a problem with the rain values i think being added ? (its hard to work what the values are in the record.txt file)

Hmm, i am not sure if i understand you, ok i can manually insert the data for rain today, yesterday, last week etc.
But if we have new rain here WD will not add the data.

This is a link to the latest record.txt from weathercapture 1.2 http://ibl-germany.de/records.txt
:lookslikerain: