WD Web Display

How do you remove the rolling marquee from a web page. I find it distracting! I have tried editing datahtm1 in Notepad, but although I save the new file with the rolling marquee deleted, after I have sent it up via ftp I find that datahtm1 has gone back to its original state before I saved the file.

IIRC there is a tick box or two that control that. I would look under Noaa Warnings under Control panel as a start…

-Bob

Then try control panel / webfiles / web files setup #2.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the from the html generation?

Thanks

the answer is in the post you replied to

Yep I have been trying that hence my post.

So the options in the ‘Web Files/Web Page Setup’ window ‘Web Files Setup #2’ tab look the most promising because there is a sub-section for ‘Scrolling Text’. In here I tried the most obvious settings, one of which is the ‘Have wallpaper non-scroll’ checkbox however the output is no different with or without it checked. All my testing is based on pressing the ‘Update html file now’ button on the same window.

it works OK here in testing
unticking to show scrolling all time records
just need to click on OK and then go back into that setup screen and click on update html

That is strange, and is exactly what I have been doing here (WD v10.37S53).

With ‘Show scrolling marque of all time records’ unchecked I get the following html output snippet

<B><center><marquee style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt; color: #3333FF" behavior="wrap" width="800" height="25" scrollamount="4">Forecast: mostly cloudy and cooler, precipitation possible within 12 hours, possibly heavy at times, windy.</marquee></center></B>

With it checked I get this:

<B><center><marquee style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt; color: #3333FF" behavior="wrap" width="800" height="25" scrollamount="4">
Record high temperature 32.7&deg;C  Record low temperature -7.4&deg;C  Record high gust 50.6 mph  Record high average 38.0 mph  Record daily rain 53.6 mm  Record low windchill -9.7&deg;C  Record high barometer 1042.9 hPa  Record low barometer 964.2 hPa</marquee></center></B> 
<B><center><marquee style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt; color: #3333FF" behavior="wrap" width="800" height="25" scrollamount="4">
Daily high pressure 1009.7 mb Daily low pressure 1000.8 mb Daily low windchill 13.6&deg;C Daily high heat index 21.6&deg;C Daily high gust speed 0.0 mph WNW Daily high average speed 0.0 mph NNE</marquee></center></B> 
<B><center><marquee style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 10pt; color: #3333FF" behavior="wrap" width="800" height="25" scrollamount="4">Forecast: mostly cloudy and cooler, precipitation possible within 12 hours, possibly heavy at times, windy.</marquee></center></B>

i.e. additional elements for the all time records which makes sense with the checkbox function description, is there something else? :?

that setting is to show or not show the all time records
but does not set to show or not show the VP station forecast

use this zip update of WD
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip
where there is now a separate option to show forecast scroll

That worked - thanks for the support.