1 wire snow detector

Good evening,
You can give me more information and the configuration about the following product:
Added ability uses(wears out) has 1 wire snow detector (based one the leaf wetness now soil moisture 1 wire chip)
Thank you
Serge

there is work being done on producing a commercialy available 1 wire snow depth sensor, by Nafis
and I am adding support for it
(its based on the same routine as for the 1 wire soil moisture and leafg wetness sensors)
its a work in progress, and i will need to add routines to average the readings and put in temperature compensation
but for now you should get a voltage and temperature reading from the 1 wire sensor

Thank you,
Which are the regulations at the level of WD
Serge

hi
not sure what you mean?
can you explain more?
thanks

what i have added so far is in a new 10.30k version

URL by Nafis
Merci

http://home.nycap.rr.com/nafis/weather/
http://www.howmuchsnow.com/snow/

Looks intersting Brian. I hope the have the ultrasonic one based on Stephan’s up and running in a week or 2. That sensor is already temperature compensated so that should make things a little easier also. Thanks for helping out with this project.

Cheers

:smiley:

Think snow !!

MikeyM

hi
your one is based on a 0 to 5v ADC
and so i will do a setup just for that type of sensor…and provide an average…and then some calibration…
have you been in contact with nafis about that different design?

Yes, I have been in contact with nafis and have all the parts to build the IR version. I’ve had the parts for a while just never got the time to get the project done and then the ultrasonic one looked easier. I’ll be retiring in 10 1/2 months and hope to have a lot more time to tinker with the weather station then. Ha Ha Thanks again.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

[quote author=mikeym link=topic=12339.msg94419#msg94419 date=1132100945]
Yes, I have been in contact with nafis and have all the parts to build the IR version. I’ve had the parts for a while just never got the time to get the project done and then the ultrasonic one looked easier. I’ll be retiring in 10 1/2 months and hope to have a lot more time to tinker with the weather station then. Ha Ha

Brian,

You should also take a look at the new CWOP Snow reporting form (http://www.madis-fsl.org/snow_data_login.html).
It’s meant for manual snow data input, but we should be able write code to emulate the form entry. They have a place for snow depth. They only expect 1" accuracy for the snow depth. They also only expect the data once a day.

It’s a shame they didn’t add the input to the existing CWOP data stream…

I’d rather see data sent every 5 minutes so you can tell what’s going on outside… but it’s a start.

Chris

yeah, not exactly very real time only once a day update
i do have a web post update componnent, but not really all that sure who to go about it
maybe some sort of script reading from a file on your website with the data in it?

Brian,

I working a snow detector that is based upon nafis’ design i.e. IR based not ultrasonic. How big of a hassel will it be to intergrate into WD?

WD does find it and records data that is on the attached pic.

I turned it on today and that’s as far as I’ve gotten.

Thanks,

Ed

2007-06-30_102502.png

looking good
you be should be able to have that plotted…check back in the thread for where/how?

Hello,
You Can give us the continuation of your search
Thank you.
Serge

Hi Edhall!

What kind of sensor you have tested with?
I’m interested of a snow-sensor too…

Henkka

Hi,

I’m working with a Sharp GD2D12. It has a range of 10cm to 80 cm. I’m hoping to run some calibration tests this week. Trouble is I’m having a hard time getting my test program to compile – issues with some header files.

Ed